PHILIPPINE SCIENCE HIGH SCHOOL
SOUTHERN MINDANAO CAMPUS
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR PERSONNEL AND APPLICANTS
(2nd layer information)
Personal Information we collect, acquire or generate
The information we collect, acquire or generate are consists of written records, photographic and video images, digital material and even biometric records. The following are some of the examples.
- Information you provide us during your application for employment/promotion
When you apply with us for employment/promotion, we collect, among others:
- Application documents such as
- Application letter
- Personal Data Sheet
- Transcript of Records & diploma
- Eligibility ratings
- Certificates of Training and Seminar attended
- Performance Ratings (for transferee)
- Service Record (for transferee)
- Selection/Screening documents
- Evaluation result/Teacher Career Path Assessment
- Competence examination result
- Psychological test result
- Background Investigation result
- PSB Resolution
- Appointment documents
- Personal Data Sheet
- Medical Certificate with laboratory results
- Position Description
- Certificate of Live Birth (
- Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- NBI Clearance
- Performance Rating (for promotion)
- Information we collect or generate after selection/recruitment
process, appointment and during the course of your stay with us.
After joining this institution, we may also collect information about
- Your employment undertakings such as your performance targets and the results of assessed performance targets for the period, time cards, attendance records & etc.
- Your issued appointment, notices of salary adjustments and notices of step increments and service records
- Any disciplinary incident/action that you may be involved in, including decisions with accompanying sanctions. There will also be times when other forms of data like pictures or videos of activities you participate in, via official documentation of such activities, or through recordings from closed-circuit security television cameras installed within school cameras are acquired.
- Unsolicited information. In instances when personal information is sent or provided to us or received by us even without our prior request. In such instances, we will determine/decide if we can legitimately keep such information or not. If it is not related to any of our legitimate interests/purpose, we will immediately dispose of the information in a way that will safeguard your privacy. Otherwise, it will be treated in the same manner as information you provide us.
Why we collect personal information
The intention of collecting the information is for the agency to generate the data to be used for the carrying out its mandate and purpose as a government entity/institution.
How we use your information
As permitted or required by law, we use your personal data to pursue our legitimate interests as a government entity/institution, including a variety of administrative, research, historical, and statistical purposes. Below are some of the examples related to the above purpose:
- Evaluating applications during screening and selection process
- Processing application for study/sabbatical leaves, scholarships and other educational endeavour;
- Evaluating for purposes of promotion and scholarship grants
- Processing requests for transfer to other agencies
- Reporting and/or disclosure of information the the NPC and other government agencies 9e.g. Bureau of Immigration, Department of Foreign Affairs, Civil Service Commission, Bureau of Internal Revenue, Professional Regulation Commission) when required or allowed by law
- Compiling and generating reports for statistical and research purposes.
- Providing services such as health, insurance, sports/recreation, safety and security
- Managing and controlling access to campus facilities and equipment;
How we share, disclose or transfer your information
As permitted or mandated by law, we may also share, disclose or transfer your personal data to other persons or organizations in order to uphold your interests an/or pursue our legitimate interests as a government entity/ institution. Disclosure, sharing or transferring of your personal data for purposes as indicated below:
- Sharing of your personal data with your parents, guardians or next of kin, as required by law, or on a need-to-know basis, as determined by this institution, in order to promote your best interests, or to protect your health, safety, and security or that of others;
- Complying with court orders, subpoenas and/or other legal obligations;
- Use of photos, videos and other information in order to promote the agency, including its activities and events, through website posts, newspaper advertisements and the like.
- Conducting internal research or surveys for purposes of institutional development;
How we store and retain your information
We store and transmit your personal data securely in a variety of formats (paper and electronic formats) including databases that are shared between the school’s offices. Access to your personal data is limited to the school’s personnel who have a legitimate interest in them for the purpose of carrying out their duties. Rest assured that our use of your personal data will not be abused.
Unless otherwise required by law or by appropriate policies in the school, we will retain your relevant personal data following the policies as prescribed by the National Archives of the Philippines. This includes the policy on retention and disposal.
Rights of the Data Subjects
In recognition of your rights as provided by the DPA, the following are your identified rights:
- The right to be informed of the information this agency/institution are to
- The right to object in the processing of information when such information is not done in accordance with the purpose it is intended for;
- The right to rectify inaccurate information held by us.
- The right to erase personal information in certain limited circumstances.
- The right to access to personal information held by us.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the National Privacy Commission when the personal information is abused or misused.
Should you have any concern or question regarding the above Notice, you may contact through the following:
COMPLIANCE OFFICER ON PRIVACY (COP)
Telephone Number: (082) 293-0002