Of empowered #Juanas and #PurpleMondays
PISAY SUPPORTS 2021 NATIONAL WOMEN’S MONTH CELEBRATION
The Philippine Science High School Southern Mindanao Campus joins the 2021 National Women’s Month Celebration in support of the Philippine Commission on Women. The theme since 2017 is “We make change work for women”, which encapsulates how women should be active contributors as well as beneficiaries of national development.
As a sign of support, PSHS SMC will execute the following PCW suggested activities for the whole month of March 2021:
March 1, 2021 - DOST-Wide Virtual Flag Ceremony
- Uploading of the official 2021 NWMC banner in the school’s website and social media account
- March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 – Wearing of anything purple all Mondays of March
- March 1-8 – Online advocacy (Uploading and using of official PCW Facebook profile frame)
- March 8 (staff) – Serbisyo para kay Juana (Provision of priority lane to female clients)
- March 8-12 (faculty) – Setting aside time in synchronous classes to highlight a woman or women in subject or field taught that can raise awareness among students about contribution of women to society
- March 11, 18, 23 – Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao Cluster fora (Topics to be announced)
- March 24 – Forum on mental health
- March 30 – DOST-wide forum
Together, let us show appreciation for women’s various contribution in the society, honor women frontliners, workers, entrepreneurs, home makers, community volunteers, and other outstanding #Juanas especially during this ongoing health crisis, open more platforms to discuss women’s experiences in dealing with different situations and challenges such as this pandemic, and likewise put the spotlight on all Juans who help and contribute in normalizing redistribution of household chores and in showing other acts of gender sensitivity and equality. Truly #WomenMakeChange!